If you have a 7-year-old that is interested in robotics, it can be difficult to decide which robot is best for your child. There are so many different kinds of robots to choose from, and sometimes they are not all that cheap to own either. I decided to do some research on the best robot for a 7-year-old.
What is the best robot for a 7-year-old kid? The answer to this question is not a simple one. There are different companies and brands of robots to choose from. The top three rated robots for a child are: Deluxe Eco Robotics, Sphero Star Wars BB-8 Droid, and Mattel Games Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em.
Robotics can be an exciting and fun way to strike an interest in your child’s scientific and mathematic side. They can benefit from learning to assemble a robot as well as use the robot in the ways that it is allowed. The benefits are endless when it comes to introducing robotics to your child.
Best Robot for Your 7-Year-Old
This robot is a cool way to teach your child about solar power, and not only can you teach them about it you can have them create it! With Deluxe Eco Robotic, you can have access to 14 different robots to create that can all be run by solar energy!
This toy can be a lot of fun for groups as well as just a single child. Another great thing about this toy is that there are no batteries required! Which means that keeping it running without having to worry about batteries can relieve a lot of hassle.
The kit comes with a beginner and intermediate robot design which means that it can really tailor to any age group! It can either be for a school project or just for some scientific fun!
- There can be a total of 14 outcomes of robot styles
- Colors can be intriguing to children
- The instructions are thorough and easy-to-piece together
- There are pieces that resemble eyes and kids can really enjoy that personable feel to their toy
- The materials to construct the robot with are very durable
- Pieces may be a bit hard to assemble together which makes it ideal for you to buy multiple bots instead of breaking down
Introducing solar power technology is something every child should learn about, especially in today’s world! The ecosystem can be restored when we turn to use sun-powered devices!
Purchasing this toy for your child can really encourage them to move into a mindset where they become more resourceful.
Other Robot Options
Ranking the Prices from Low to High
- OWI 14-in-1 Solar Robot Kit ($22.66)
- ThinkGizmos Super Fun RC Robo Shooter ($29.99)
- MiP Robot ($52.90)
- Riviera RC Space Warrior ($59.99)
- Sphero BB-8 Appl-Enabled Droid ($64.94)
- WowWee Robosapien X ($76.93)
- Meccano MeccaNold G15 ($113.84)
- Zoomer Kitty Interactive Cat ($124.99)
- Zoomer Dino ($159.95)
- Anki Cosmo ($197.50)
- Spy Gear Spy Video TRAKR ($198.10)
Benefits of Having a Robot
It is encouraged in both young boys and girls to play with toy robots since they were known to teach universal skills. Some of these mental and physical skills include fine motor coordination, social interaction, teamwork skills, as well as analytical and critical thinking skills.
The list is seemingly endless.
Parents can choose their child’s robots through their interests, this might help them enjoy playing with the toy a lot more!
Three important skills that children learn from playing with their toy on the regular and in its proper way is are:
- Development of Fine Motor Skills
- Development of Cognitive Skills
- A better understanding of cause-and-effect relationship
(1) As your child assembles their robot they are already learning to use their manual dexterity. This can help them with their writing as well.
(2) Your child will also be able to hone in on their cognitive skills as they repair and work on their robots. As they learn to read and follow instructions, they can then practice their analytical and critical skills.
(3) Robotics will have your child learn to understand the concept of cause-and-effect much better than they used to. They will come to learn that by following the instructions listed in the assembly box that they will have their own robot. They can also learn that by working with others to help create a robot will quicken the work, and make it easier to complete the task.
Purchasing a robot is undeniably a worthwhile investment when it comes to the matters of your child’s mental, physical and social development.
There are also more options for cheaper robots since it may not be reasonable to purchase an expensive robot if you do not have the means to do so.
Though, do not forget to keep a watchful eye on your child as they play with their toy robots. Just because this toy is enjoyable and easy to play with does not mean you do not have to exercise your parental supervision.
Buyer’s Guide to Purchasing a Toy Robot
When you consider purchasing a toy robot for your little one, you have to think of multiple factors that go into making that toy a good use of your money.
Below is a reliable list of the safest toy robots that will also be a way to provide learning experiences for your little one!
This can be apart of high-quality workmanship. Most parents are aware of the safety features that come with any toy.
Though, it is recommended to follow the minimum age requirements, especially when there can be small parts to any toy that may be a choking hazard.
Along with safety features, there is the quality of the toy. This can be important since kids are known to be quite destructive. You should choose sturdy materials that have a durable construction.
Age appropriateness (mentally and physically)
When choosing a toy robot you do not want to just purchase it because it is fun or cool to look at! You want this toy to have some educational value to it.
You also want to ensure that you 7-year-old can learn new things and experience new things from playing with it.
These toy robots will need to contribute to your child’s mental, emotional, and physical development!
Children will want to be attracted to toy robots that have bright colors, or that resemble characters they favor and a style that strikes them. It is not wrong to purchase a toy robot with a cool design as long as its features are just as cool.
Age of Your child
When choosing a toy robot, it is best if you choose a toy that is based on your child’s age. In this case, a toy robot that is safe and fun for 7-year-olds to use.
If you happen to have a child with special needs, or a gifted child then you will need to choose a toy robot that is based on their unique needs!
Choosing an age-appropriate toy for your child is crucial for their overall development.
A robot that is too easy for them to build and operate won’t be much of a challenge for them. And that leads to no real development! On the other hand, if you give them a robot that is too hard to build and operate can overwhelm them.
In both cases, they are likely to leave the toy behind, and they won’t learn anything from it.
Price of the Toy
Price is also a very valid factor when choosing a toy robot. It is no secret that the more advanced and higher quality these toys are at will cost a bit more than the simpler ones.
You have to decide on which toy to choose from based on your own limits. Though one thing you can count for is that with toy robots you get what you pay for.
What is robotics for kids? Robotics for kids can be a fun and educational way for children to learn STEM subjects by having them create their very own robots. It can be very beneficial and fun for any child with an interest in robotics.
Are robots toys? Robots can be used for many things. Toy robots can be used to play music, or can be used for simple interaction. Though, a more advanced robot can complete simple human tasks.